As a founding member of Sanderson Wealth Management with over 30 years of experience in the financial service industry, Jim Warner has played a pivotal role in the firm’s growth. Jim serves dual executive roles at Sanderson. As Chief Financial Officer, he manages the firm’s internal finances, from bookkeeping and revenue collection to budgeting, financial statements, and tax returns. Additionally, as Chief Compliance Officer, Jim is responsible for ensuring Sanderson maintains compliance with SEC, FINRA, and other regulatory requirements.
Personal finance has always been a keen interest for Jim—going back to his middle-school years regularly watching Wall Street Week, hosted by Louis Rukeyser. He is dedicated and supremely focused on helping clients make sound financial decisions to achieve their most meaningful goals. Jim has advised dozens of families for multiple decades and generations. He is especially proud of the many client referrals he’s gained throughout his career.
JIM ADVISES CLIENTS ON:
Experience and credentials.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®)
- Tax manager | Ernst & Young
- Public accountant | Gaines Kriner Elliott LLP
- MBA with concentration in Accounting and Finance | University of Rochester William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration
- BA in Economics and Psychology, cum laude | University of Rochester
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Investments & Wealth Institute
Jim is the co-founder of Mission Ignite: Powered by Computers for Children, Inc. Formed in 1997, the non-profit organization collects and refurbishes computers for schools, as well as provides training to students. He remains actively involved as treasurer and financial director of the board of directors.
Jim lives in Clarence, NY, with his partner, Mara, and their blended family with four children, along with their three dachshunds, one of which is a rescue. Jim’s recreational interests include running and swimming. He has completed a marathon and was an NCAA Division III Academic All-American swimmer in the 400m individual medley.
Put our experience to work for your wealth.
Schedule a consultation to learn more about our investment services.